Problem Solved


FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: Hernani Cifra and Carl Benito.

Hernani Cifra came to Canada in 2009 to work as a harvester operator in a farm in Wandering River, a beautiful hamlet within the Athabasca County in the province of Alberta. After a year, he worked as a shipper/receiver in Lac La Biche. His Work Permit expired on May 8, 2015 and he was out of work since then until the first week of January 2016. Since he still did not want to go back to the Philippines, he tried to find ways to remain and work in Canada. As a jobless husband and father, Hernani was always worried about how to get a Work Permit, how to put food on the table and how to pay the rent. Good thing, a friend of his offered him free housing.

Hernani’s problem was solved when he met Carl Benito, an Edmonton-based immigration consultant who used to serve as a Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) of the Province of Alberta. Carl helped Hernani file for an Open Work Permit application last September 2015. Hernani received his Open Work Permit last January 5, 2016. He feels so relieved and grateful that he can now work as he has a wife and a child to take care of.

Anyone who wants to apply for Canadian permanent residence, work permit, study permit, driver’s license, and other immigration processes should contact Carl Benito by phone 780-298-4308 or by email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *